After the success of the Paleo Pumpkin bread I thought I’ll try a little alternative. Originally I wanted to make Taro and Pandan bread however since the local store did not sell pandan I decided to replace this with Goji Berry. The recipe is very similar to the Pumpkin Bread however since Taro is dryer and more tasteless , I added more coconut oil and a little Stevia. I’ve also observed that Taro cooks faster than pumpkin with a total cooking time of 1 hour vs 1.5 hours.
Paleo | Diary Free | Gluten Free
- Touch time: 15min
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- 460 g (15.8 oz/ 3 cups) Taro cut into pieces small enough to place into TM bowl.
- 4 whole organic or free-range eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 80ml Virgin cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Almond butter
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking (or 3/4 teaspoon baking soda + a tablespoon lemon juice)
- 2.5 cups fine almond meal
- Stevia (an alternative sweetener) – qty to your liking.
- Preheat your oven to 150 – 160 C. Fan forced or 180 C if your oven has no fan.
- Place Taro in TM, using scales to measure. Chop at speed 6 for a few seconds. Look for MC whole. I prefer a bit of texture and hence do not want to turn my Taro to a puree.
- Add butterfly ensuring it is secure. Add the goji berries, eggs, salt, nutmeg and oil into the bowl. Mix at speed 1.
- Add almond meal, baking powder and lemon. Once again mix at speed 1 until mixture looks well combined.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper at the base and the sides.The size I used was: 10 1/2 cm wide and 26 cm long.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour – Check after 40min as the time may vary depending on your oven and temperature.
Serve as is or it is GREAT with avocado. 🙂