I got this recipe from the Healthy Chef and converted it to a Thermomix recipe. Must say the TM makes it much easier. Surprisingly it turned out REALLYYY yummy. So yummy I have to post it. I was just getting rid of some pumpkin I had to use up.
Paleo | Diary Free | Gluten Free
- Touch time: 15min
- Cooking time: 1.5 hours
- 450 g (15.8 oz/ 3 cups) butternut pumpkin (or winter squash) cut only small enough to place into TM bowl.
- 4 whole organic or free-range eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup or 60ml Virgin cold pressed coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking (or 3/4 teaspoon baking soda + a tablespoon lemon juice)
- 3 cups (300g/ 10 1/2 oz) fine almond meal
- pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 150 – 160 C. Fan forced or 180 C if your oven has no fan.
- Place pumpkin in TM, using scales to ensure you’ve added 450g. Chop at speed 6 for a few seconds. Look for MC whole. I prefer a bit of texture and hence do not want to turn my pumpkin to a puree.
- Add butterfly ensuring it is secure. Add the eggs, salt, nutmeg and oil into the bowl. Mix at speed 1.
- Add almond meal and baking powder. Once again mix at speed 1 until mixture looks well combined.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper at the base and the sides.The size I used was: 10 1/2 cm wide and 26 cm long.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and sprinkle the top with the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for approximately 1 1/2 hours – check after 1 hour and test as times may vary depending on your oven and temperature.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest in the tin for 1 hour before removing from the tin.
Serve with avocado or nut butter.
This is just one sample of the recipes you can find at Wodnut. For more Paleo recipes, click here.