Today I decided to try a recipe from http://www.vegiehead.com
Per usual I modified it a little 😛
- 4 cups roast pumpkin mashed
- 1 tsp coconut oil or preferred oil
- Garlic 3-4 cloves (optional)
- 1/2 cup kale, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds. Note: Next time I think I’ll try pine nuts.
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Pre-heat oven to 200c.
- Remove seeds from butternut pumpkin and place entire pumpkin into the oven for approx. 30min. Use spoon to scrape flesh out. Note: You do not need to remove the skin. This makes the scraping MUCH easier.
- Use fork if necessary to remove large lumps. Generally if you scrape the flesh out this is not required.
- Add and mix in all the spices and almond meal.
- In a pan, crush in garlic and stir fry the kale till soft. Under cook a little.
- Using a spoon, mix the pumpkin mix in your palm and add Kale. Then cover the kale with more pumpkin and roll into a ball.
- Place balls into a tray
- Bake for approx. 15min or till golden.