Cauliflower rice made in a Thermomix is a match made in heaven. It’s super easy! This is another keeper like how Zucchini was a great replacement for noodles in our Chicken Curry recipe.
Firstly, why cauliflower? From Self Nutrition Data I found the graph below. 77% your daily requirement of Vitamin C, who would of thought. Now that’s much better than rice which only gives you only sugar 😛
Paleo | No Dairy | No gluten
- Cooking time: 7min
- Touch time: 5min
- 1 whole cauliflower – chop roughly just so that it’s small enough for the TM bowl
- Coconut oil
- 2 red shallots or 1/4 of an onion
- Concentrated vegetable stock. For recipe, click here.
- Chop red shallot or onion in the TM bowl. Speed 8 for 8 seconds or until the sound changes.
- Scrap the sides of the TM bowl so that the shallot or onion fall back to the bottom. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut. Varoma for 2min on speed 1.
- Add half portion of cauliflower. Chop at speed 5 on reverse mode for a few seconds. Be weary not to over chop. Empty TM bowl. Add the rest of the cauliflower, once again chopping at speed 5 on reverse mode.
- Cook at 100 degrees, reverse mode at speed 1 for 7-8min or until soft. Note: Halfway through the cooking process, add 1-2 tablespoon of concentrated vegetable stock and a little seasoning to your liking.
Serve as you would rice. I made some Stir Fry chicken with homemade XO sauce. The XO sauce went really well with the rice. For the XO sauce recipe click here.
Tip: I sprinkled a little magic mushroom powder over my cauliflower rice. Will have to blog about that one next time. It’s so simple and give a burst in flavour.
For more Paleo Recipes be sure to visit Wodnut.