I was craving for a muffin today so I decided to make my own. Carrot, Walnut and dates. It’s my first trying to make a Paleo muffin. Very easy to make. The key ingredient to replace the flour is coconut flour. The texture is not 100% the same however it’s quite close.
Paleo | Diary Free | Gluten Free
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup black strap molasses
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinamon
- 1 teaspoon grounded ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups of shredded carrot
- handful of walnut (qty to your liking)
- handful of chopped up dates (qty to your liking)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk eggs, coconut oil, pure vanilla extract, molaasses and honey in a large mixing bowl. Tip: If the coconut oil is solid, dip in warm bath of water.
- Sift in coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, cinamon, ginger and ground cloves. Mix. Then add carrots, walnuts and dates.
- In a muffin tin, line with muffin papers. Scoop 1/4 cup per muffin. Bake for 35-40min.
This is just one sample of the recipes you can find at Wodnut. For more Paleo recipes, click here.