Tried making banana and walnut bread today using the Thermomix. You can easily use a blender or food processor.
Paleo | Gluten Free | Diary Free
- Touch time: 10min
- Cooking time: 30min (if tin tray used)
- 4 bananas (ideally ripe however it does not have to be)
- 1.5 to 2 MC lid of walnuts (ie. 1/2 cup)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 4 tablespoons Virgin Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour OR LSA OR Almond Meal (I used LSA as I ran out of the others)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Grated some nutmeg / pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of Celtic Salt or any sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees
- Blend 3 bananas, eggs, almond butter and coconut oil on speed 8-9 till smooth.
- Add last banana and walnuts. Blend on speed 3. Note: I separated these to give the bread more texture (I like my chunky nuts and bananas).
- Add flour/nut meal, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla. Mix on reverse mode on speed 2-4 until blended.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour mixture into tin. I used a 26cm x 14cm tray.
- Add some nuts on top for decoration.
- Place tray into oven and bake for 30mins (if using tin tray). If glass is used, bake for longer.
- Baking paper makes it easier to remove the loaf from the tin. Also easier cleaning.
- Use toothpick or chopsticks to test if the loaf is cooked. That is, if it comes out clean, the loaf is cooked.
- Play around with your ingredients. Next time I am going to add dates 🙂
- If you are out of ingredients use whatever you have. eg. LSA, almond meal and coconut flour are somewhat interchangeable.
Serve as is or with avocado.
If you like this recipe, refer to our Paleo Pumpkin Bread recipe here.