For a change in your breakfast routine bake a tray of frittata. You can then reheat them in the morning without worrying about being late. It’s super easy. I had a little assistant with the Thermomix (TM) however it’s easily done without one.
Cooking time: 30-40min at 180 degrees.
Prep time with TM: 10-15min
Paleo | Diary Free | Gluten Free
- 8-9 eggs
- 1-2/3 of a Leek roughly chopped
- Dried shrimps
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Paprika
- Coconut oil
Preparation of egg and bacon
- Heat oven to around 180 degrees.
- Beat egg until fluffy
- Add pepper, salt, paprika and rosemary. Roughly beat again until mixed. Place bowl aside.
- Pan fry bacon until crisp.
Preparation of Leek
- Using TM – Chop up garlic and dried shrimps. 2-3 sec on Speed 7.
- Add tablespoon of coconut oil. Varoma for 2min.
- Add Leeks. 100 degrees, reverse mode, soft stir for 8min or until soft.
- Add salt and pepper and then blend at speed 4 for a few seconds. I like my leek chunkier, hence the speed selection.
- Use coconut oil spray. Spray baking tray. You can buy these from Coles.
- Spread Leek evenly in tray.
- Pour in beaten egg.
- Tear up small pieces of the bacon and place them on top.
- Place in oven for around 40min or until golden brown and not too soft when touched.
1. I would recommend increasing the portion so that it lasts a few days. Maybe 12 eggs is a good portion size 🙂
2. Remember for a little change you can mix and match your ingredients. Salmon and Leek, Mushrooms and Leek etc. It’s really up to you. That’s the great thing about a Frittata.
Comment: I jmade this recipe up on the spot and was surprised how good it tasted. I have to say that the additional use of dried shrimps in a TM makes it very fragrant. The TM chops the dried shrimp into tiny pieces. Sorry for those who don’t have one. 😦