This was real simple to make and it only took 8mins in the pressure cooker. I know what you are thinking. Won’t my kale lose all it’s nutrients in a pressure cooker. Well mine still looked dark green. Steaming the Kale may be another option. Will have to experiment one day.
So why eat Kale? It’s super in nutrients. See chart from WHFoods.com
- Roughly chop kale including the stem. I found mine at Harris Farm.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Coconut oil / olive oil
- 3 medium carrots
- Garlic roughly chopped. Up to you how much you put. I love my garlic so 4-5 cloves is usually the norm.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt – I love the murray river pink salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of grounded paprika
- Melt your preferred oil in the pressure cooker (If you have an electronic one, most would have a sauteed setting).
- Chuck in carrots and onions and sauteed till soft
- Chuck in the garlic and stir till fragrant (20-30 seconds), then add the kale and chicken broth.
- Season (salt and pepper). Close lid and set to high for 8 min
If you have any left over soup, use this instead of the broth. Even better if you have any homemade bone broth that would be great. The stock makes a big difference in taste. For convenience I used leftover chicken soup I made the night before.